Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tending my electronic garden of devices

When my daughter expressed an interest in what is now called a tablet, the Apple iPad, I got interested, too.  I found I used the very portable device quite often.  As time went on, I had developed a strong enough habit of using the iPad, a mini version, that I tried to anticipate when my iPad was getting too old and bought a 2nd one.  At that point, I had my first one, which still works despite my anticipation and the larger newer model.  


I very much liked the idea of ebooks and I have a large collection of them.  I didn't like getting tempted to look at the news while reading on the Ipad.  I bought a KIndle reader.  Then I bought another.  Then I bought a third.


Sometimes, Lynn is using our office for a Zoom or Facetime meeting that I am not part of.  A full-sized keyboard and a nicely powered laptop computer are my favorite computing tools but I don't always like to interrupt her to get my office computer unplugged and moved to the living room or basement.  So, I have a backup in the living room and in the basement.


Just as Lynn waters house plants, all these devices need charging, too.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby