Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Get with it!

It has been cold-ish for weeks,  Also, gray with few sunny hours.  A person could get irritated. Or, depressed.  If you get into a low mood, you could blame your genes, your family, covid and other germs, face masks since they tend to cover up smiles. Getting a shot every ten minutes gets old.  

I keep looking at the weather forecast and it keeps promising better weather in a few days, next week, eventually, sometime, maybe.  


It is surprising what a little talk can do.  A friend makes a comment and it is exactly what I am thinking, too.  Immediately, I feel a little connection, a bit of union with others, some of whom send smiles and laughter.  I get the feeling that the cartoonists are trying but they too seem hit by the blues, the downs.  The situation isn't really dire.  We don't have the wrecked buildings I see pictures of in the Ukraine.  We tend to take the triplet of robins, daffodils and leaves on the trees as genuine spring.  We do have robins patrolling the ground for worms but they are dejected.  They aren't smiling and they don't get many worms.  We are getting daffodils here and there.


I know the calendar announces the end of winter and the beginning of spring on March 21, which, darn it, is more than a month past already.  Tomorrow is May 4, the mid-day of spring.  Ever since we moved to Wisconsin, more than 50 years ago, I have noticed how slowly and cautiously the trees get leaves.  I have noticed May Day and "June is bustin' out all over" as messages that green and bright and sunny may take a while.  But sympathy and grown-up patience aside, I am warning the weather it had better spring up.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby