Saturday, May 14, 2022

Miscellany

I think it is possible that a cold spring, like we have had, pushes the plants, flowers, trees into springing more lushly.  Maybe it only seems lush to winterized eyes.


Have you noticed that the day of the week and the date keep changing?  I just get clear on which day it is and durn if it doesn't change!


We have baby rabbits and baby chipmunks nibbling and bounding about.


David R. Hamilton has a PhD in organic chemistry.  His book "Why Woo-woo Works" is interesting.  I have wondered how our ancestors managed to survive without MD's, microscopes or anti-biotics.  Part of the answer may be 'See the medicine man' or 'See the healing woman'.  Hamilton has a newsletter and I signed up to get it.  A recent issue said that I can be younger if I want to be "by acting younger".  I don't want to go too far back but I learned from Hamilton that visualizing anything, any action or situation, tends to increase my ability to handle it well.  If you see me playing with my blocks, don't be alarmed.  Yet.


We have tree swallows in our bluebird house and we like them as neighbors.


We found Dan Buettner's "Blue Zones Kitchens" about the food that long-living people eat so we tried a fried egg, toast, and olives and I had a little wine.  It was fine and we have lived every moment since then. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby