Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Concerning books

I didn't get around to using Monday to think back over recent book ideas.  I like to open Libby, the book-borrowing app, and set it for non-fiction books that are currently available.  So, I let myself use today for books even though it is a Tuesday.  I am getting so that the first ten or twenty pages of books are either titles I have read or partially read or aren't of interest at this time.  


I can see that I don't pay enough attention to National Public Radio and to Wisconsin Public Radio.  I realize I don't have enough attention in me to pay attention to everything worthwhile and interesting.  I ran across "NPR's favorite history books of 2021" and read some of it.  https://www.npr.org › 2021 › 12 › 26 › 1068063578 › nprs-favorite-history-books-of-2021


EMIKO TAMAGAWA said she got something of value from Danielle Dreilinger's "The Secret History Of Home Economics".  Sounds good to me and I bought it in Kindle form.  I am reading "How to Raise an Elephant" to Lynn while she does jigsaw puzzles.  It's by Alexander McCall Smith, one of our longtime favorites and the creator of "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series. We also bought AARP Love and Marriage After 50.  Lynn heard about it and we plan to read it.


I like to use the Libby app to borrow books of interest.  I give them a try and I check the price in Amazon.  I also just bought "Prison Nurse" by Ellen Kane, a book I started in the Libby app, which is faster to get into the reading than getting it in a Kindle reader.  The book seems pretty good and the price was right. 


My friend has vision problems and just told me to send Kindle books only since he can enlarge the print a great deal.  

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby