Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Requested intervention by a big gun

In the afternoon of each day, I ask myself what happened that day.  Today, since waking up, I have had our printer in mind.  I tried quite a few things last evening to get it to be connected to our two computers through our new router but nothing doing.  


I had to resort to a more powerful weapon: our son-in-law.  They say you should pick your parents carefully.  Try to pick a pair that are loving, steady, supportive and intelligent.  I know that is good advice but I am telling you, picking the right son-in-law is just as important.  He has done several wonderful things for us:

  • Been a good husband to our daughter

  • Been a good father to our granddaughters

  • Been a good grandfather to our greatgrandchildren

  • Built our house that we have lived in for the past 27 years

  • Hooked our recalcitrant printer up to our new network


As you might expect with a skilled man, he also gave me new insights into computers and networks.  


I like to think that paper and printing is on its way out.  We don't need to keep cutting down trees and removing nature's helps for our lives, our wildlife and our atmosphere.  However, there is still a place for printed notices and records and it is very nice to be able to get a printer to quickly print out what we need.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby