Saturday, September 26, 2020

smartphones

I finally got a smartphone and of course, I am getting more and more attracted to it. I worry about security a bit and I can see that Google is right about there being a difference between using a smartphone and a computer.  I have never really gotten used to different laptop keyboards and I prefer a standard size keyboard connected to my computer through USB.  With it, my fingers and hands move the same way and the same distance all the time. I still make many errors composing from my head, which is all I want to do.  I don't have a need to re-type other print or handwriting.  


I am impressed with the conversation ability of text messages and with the value of having a decent camera with me all the time.  It was those two areas of photographs/videos and text messages that made me start seriously thinking about a smartphone.  Since apps can record notes, voices and motion, since apps can communicate in several ways with nearly anyone or leave a message if they can't be reached, it is no wonder that people, and not just young people, are on their phones much of the time.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby