Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Bring her home

I have written before about my sister and I trying for private school scholarships when we were children.  She got a scholarship but I didn't.  For a year or two, I continued to live with my parents while she lived at the private boarding school for girls.  Then, we found out that my sister was unhappy at the school and wanted to live at home and attend public school.  She was a 4th grader or so at the time.  She decided to take action.


She tied some bedsheets into a makeshift line and used them to climb out a 3rd story window to lower herself and run off.  While hanging off the side of the building, the sheets came apart and she fell into a bush.  She was not hurt but the incident convinced my mother to move her back home.


My sister is a nice, calm lady but can be determined to take action.  I dreamed about her fall last night so I am relating the story again.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby