Saturday, July 13, 2024

Hobbling and lurching

I have been wanting to write about hobbling and lurching for a while.  I got onto the topic when I found a willingness in myself to adopt a limp easily when I could just as easily avoid that and walk normally.   I wondered with no physical need for walking differently, where did the impulse to do so come from?  I can understand the influence of a mental picture but I didn't seem to have a picture that urged me to alter my walking.  


When I find myself acting out or even starting to alter my walking in favor of a modification, I try to wave away the impulse and walk normally.  I can tell that sometimes I succeed.  I am confident my appearance and my gait do not look like I am 25 but I haven't found any reason to adopt a more limited style yet.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby