Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Repetition

I wrote a blog post entitled "Again??".  It is about irritation with continuing needs of eating, dusting, laundry and such.  My wife emphasized that SHE was the person who had carried the burden of my repetitious needs and I was just a beginner at stomaching the drain, the burden, the boredom, the dullness of facing repetitious duties and family needs.


I realize that we are not the only people to feel and recognize the repeated drumbeat of day after day needs.  I tried various philosophical remarks, based on science actually about the fact that this moment is unique and not identical to the last moment but I was rebuffed, strenuously.


https://www.yourdailypoem.com/listpoem.jsp?poem_id=99 Link to the poem "The Pessimist

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby