Saturday, July 6, 2024

Tape on a Kindle


I have four Kindles that I am using: lavender, aqua, and two black covers.  I am slowly reading four books: 

  1. Tru Bix by Sara Novic, a novel about deafness and Deaf culture

  2. The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson - Men's book club choice, the first story in the Sheriff Longmire series

  3. A User's Guide to the Brain by John Ratey, MD, purchased in 2008, part of my review project

  4. The Kingdom, The Power and the Glory: American Evangelicals in an Age of Extremism - men's book club choice (I am behind)


I have several thousand Kindle books.  They are weightless, can be read on many sorts of devices, are instantly available, can be adjusted to different print sizes and other advantages. But I spend impatient time opening the reader, getting to the currently loaded book, finding that isn't the one I am looking for at the moment, etc.  Amazon is very proud of its ability to find my place in a book but I am tricky and shifty.  Thus, the tape, making that reader a close relative to a copy of the print book with a bookmark.


Between Lynn's club, my club, reviewing and catching up, four at one time is plenty.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby