Monday, July 22, 2024

"You must not change!"

Much of the writing I see is aimed at getting me to do something.  Advertisements can be aimed at informing me of a business or a product that might be of interest.  Over time, the writing can take a different direction, explaining that a volcano might be ready to erupt near me and that I can buy anti-volcano insurance now!


I find Prof. Heather Cox Richardson, the writer of many columns and some books as well as Alexandra Banner, author of most weekly CNN columns, have a knack for relaying news without twisting my arm to believe this or do that.  This morning Prof. Richardson surprised me with the news that the Republicans are infuriated that Biden dropped out of the race for president.  She included the item that the Speaker of the House of Representatives is considering suing over the change in the Democratic ticket.  Wow!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby