Friday, May 24, 2024

Limits

I can't really tell what is going on around me.  As Ed Yong explains in the first chapter of his "An Immense World", there are plenty of animals (and plants) that can sense phenomena that I can't, never have and, without special equipment, never will.  So, I don't know what is happening right now.  In addition, as Dr. Lisa Genova makes clear in her excellent book, Remember, much of what I perceive, I don't bother to form a memory of.  Without that, I literally can't remember.  Then, in addition to these limitations, my head is full of memories I did form but long ago, memories I can't access now. I am confident that I could keep better written and photographic and audio and scent records, but I am too busy writing this blog, shaving and other important things.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby