Tuesday, May 7, 2024

"Get out of here! You will ruin my life!"

I worked at a large Boy Scout camp during some of my high school and later years.  One time, a dance was organized where local girls were bussed in and danced with the all-male staff members.  That summer I was the quartermaster and oversaw the distribution of equipment to 900 Scouts and leaders in and out each week.  


I didn't have a hot relation with any girl but at the dance, I met a girl and enjoyed her company.  The next weekend, I thought I would walk to her address in a town 14 miles away. I did, found her house and rang the doorbell.  She came to the door and said,"Get out of here! You will ruin my life.  Boys will see you here and I won't get asked out by anybody."  I did and walked back to the camp.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby