Friday, April 21, 2023

Weights

I didn't think about lifting weights until a high school classmate took me to his gym.  I didn't feel drawn to using the equipment but another lifter asked me how long I had been lifting.  I said I had never tried.  He replied,"Oh, you got natural shit!"  Despite receiving such a motivating invitation, I didn't do anything with weights until I was nearly 30 years old.  From reading somewhere and from other members of the wrestling team, I started to get interested.  


I started thinking about getting a set of weights and using them at home.  But I quickly found that the machines in a weight room make things quick and easy.  I am little and I don't want to look overly muscular but I did learn that weights make a difference.  The machines are quick to set and reset and with a little charting, I could tell what I was doing and how I was progressing.  


I go to a weight room on campus and I try to do so when it isn't crowded.  Despite being way over the hill and being married for more than 60 years to an excellent woman, the weight room can be a trial. The co-eds have remarkable shapes, noticeable shapes and of course, they should.  They are just the right age.  It is disconcerting that they tend to lift and bend in the nude.  Ok, they aren't really nude but somewhere they get these tights that are thin and clingy.  I don't want to be a pain so I tend to keep my eyes on the ceiling but I keep bumping into benches and things. It is embarrassing.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby