Saturday, April 22, 2023

Some Saturday mornings

Some Saturday mornings are meant to be quiet.  Some don't make it.  I try to stay on top of things and pay attention to what needs to be done.  One thing is our yard.  When is the yard crew expected?  I emailed to find out.  Got a quick answer - Now!  So, we are now surrounded by energetic young men driving loud machines, raking and carrying louder leaf blowers behind ever-larger piles of dead leaves and grass.


What about our friend?  How is her spirit?  How is she doing with the load of thank-you notes and cards she wants to send those who have noted her husband's death?  Still working.


How about Amazon ebooks?  I have sent about 900 to friends that I figured would like them.  I figure but I don't check.  About 800 have been accepted but some have not.  Can I get a refund on those not "redeemed"?  When I write "those", I use a plural word since there are several dozen that have been offered for a half-year but not accepted.  Some friends are adamantly against computer files pretending to be genuine books but lack heft and scent.  It is not simple to get hold of Amazon customer service.  The first attempt included being on hold while the man checked with a supervisor.  He seemed to fully grasp what my problem was, but in no time, I started getting refunds for books that I want and use.  No good!  I called again and got another helpful guy.  He, too, grasps the deal and ends the call with the typical "Is there anything else I can do for you?"  I said,"Yes, I have a number of things for a clever person like you.  C'mon over.  You are probably in California, right?"  He said,"I am in South Africa."  Google says that is 8794 miles.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby