Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Very simple

My son-in-law can do everything and does. One of my friends said he thought I wrote too often and too much about women and girls.  Please note that this post is about the magical brain, the magical hands and the magical skills of my son-in-law.  Just for convenience, I will call him "A".


A is an accomplished carpenter and construction guy, including having built several houses.  As I wrote yesterday, the Blinds and Designs woman removes and replaces the Hunter-Douglas blinds with a simple movement.  I tried several different simple movements, I managed to get the blind up on one end, I managed to have it "firmly" up only to have it fall into my hands at a touch.  Lynn just reminded me that I did watch two YouTube videos trying to learn the skill of the simple movement.


Finally, I called A and asked him to come over since he manages to immediately accomplish everything with this building that needs doing.  He enjoys having his grandchildren (HIS grandchildren - get how old that makes ME?) over so he said he would come over this morning when he was free.)  Yep, came over.  Yep, lifted the blind into the brackets (BOTH ends AND the middle one (without standing on the little stepladder I use).  Yep, deft twist of the wrist and the durned thing is up perfectly.  


So where does that leave me?  In awe, again.  Ready to avoid a job as blinds installer.  Grateful to him, again.  Thankful for my intelligent daughter for connecting him into our family.  I am practicing deft wrist twists. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby