Sunday, October 17, 2021

Rear view cameras

Both of us have rear view cameras in our cars.  In many parking situations, they are quite helpful.  Downtown and at the store, we often park in diagonally arranged parking spaces.  The rearview camera is located on the back license plate holder, quite at the end of the vehicle.  When I am slowly backing out into a traffic stream, the camera can show me something coming before I can spot it.  My car especially is low and short.  So the camera can tell me before I can see that it isn't a good time to back out.


Of course, the accelerator and the brake, headlights and heater are used often.  But of the newer additions, I am confident that the rearview camera is the most used and most valuable addition to what I am used to.  


I am constantly using Google search and Duckduckgo search to learn things, explain things and get additional ideas.  I didn't have much to say about rearview cameras so I just looked the subject up in Google search.  (There are about 40 different apps offered by Google so I like to write "search", just to note I am not discussing Translate or Voice or Contacts or something else.)  So, I just learned that I am writing about a "backup" camera in my car.  I don't have a rearview camera, which evidently is a camera that will show me what is behind my vehicle anytime I want.  My rear view camera only shows me what's behind when I put the vehicle in reverse so it is a backup camera.  Sorry!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby