Friday, October 8, 2021

Pictures do things

I think photography is wonderful.  When I was in 4th grade, I learned film developing and printing.  In college, I was in the photography club. Now with digital photographs with a phone or tablet, I don't use my perfectly fine digital camera.  I have it and I know where it is but the other tools are better, faster, more convenient and easier to send pictures to friends.


I find that a picture can capture things quickly and create thinking that words can't or don't.  Words can do better sometimes but pictures have their place, especially when they are sent to friends or displayed.  The Pig's Ear plant is part of the neighboring town of Wisconsin Rapids Cultural Center.  The center has a display related to a current Mexican artist and to Frida Kahlo.  


You may be able to tell that the face shown is not that of Frida.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby