Friday, October 15, 2021

Good so far

This morning I had a fasting appointment with the hospital lab people.  With just a small amount of my blood, they can tell many important things about my health and likely future. I didn't have to wait long and the blood draw was quick and clean.  I was fully ready to break my fast by then and I did with a single shot of expresso and a Starbuck "Impossible" sandwich of a roll, egg and sausage patty.  The blood draw was scheduled for 10 AM and Lynn sympathized with me for having to starve and thirst all the way from awakening to after the appointment to be eating or drinking.  I was told more than once that I could have water but I didn't have any or anything else before the blood appointment.


Turns out my nurse practitioner is retiring.  I had an appointment with her after the blood draw.  She is older than she looks, I guess.  She told me she has grandchildren so I guess she qualifies.  As I age, I find more and more people look to be just out of teenhood to me.  


Seems like every day, I get reminders of how good my life is and of my mortal status.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby