Sunday, October 24, 2021

Look at that!

I like Google News and CNN's Five Things.  "Five Things" mentions five areas of the day's news and is judiciously written.  Not too sensational and not too sleepy.  Lately, on Sundays, there is included a link to 30+ photos from around the world illustrating important events and human interest stories.  Yesterday, we looked at the Birds in Art display in the Wausau art museum.  Today, I looked at another set of CNN photos and for me, it was far more emotional seeing tragedies, achievements, real joys and real grief.  


Here's a look at 37 other moving, fascinating and thought-provoking images from the week that was, curated by CNN Photos. 


In grade school and in college, I was into photography.  I think it is totally wonderful to capture a scene or a portrait with the press of a button.  I believe that if I worked at it, I could learn to draw passably well but I don't work at it. Today, with smartphone photography combining the immediate handiness of a camera in the pocket with a phone that transmits the picture or video all over instantly, things are very different from darkrooms and trays of liquid chemicals.


These days, a photographer can be on hand to instantly copy important moments.  See Pete Souza, White House photographer for two 8 year presidents.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby