Sunday, October 31, 2021

Explore vs. search

I like to use the app "Libby".  It is on my smartphone but it seems easier, more inclusive and faster on my iPad.  I am more interested in non-fiction most of the time and I just found a setting in "Libby" to show only currently available books without getting any audio mixed in.  While looking at ebooks available for free exploration this morning, I found "Being Aware of Being Aware" by Rupert Spira.  I had never heard of Spira but Dr. Dan Siegel has titled a book entitled "Aware" and several sorts of self-awareness seem valuable.  The Libby app makes it quick and easy to have a book that is available for 14 days.  I borrowed it and looked up Spira to get an idea of who and what he is.  


I have been conscious of internet search and internet browsing for a while.  When I want a specific item, I am searching.  A widespread icon to mean Search is a magnifying glass:


I saw a comment by Spira that he could give advice to make "the search over."  He meant advice to stop the nagging questions about life. I had just been spending quite a bit of time, more or less alternating between searching and exploring.  I use Google enough to be aware that sometimes I am exploring or browsing or shopping or nosing around, and sometimes I am after a specific item or piece of information.  


Young people have plenty of decisions to make.  We all have explorations to see what might be possible: location, mate, job, etc.  Once we have a set of likely options, we may want to search for particulars.  Some people are aware of the importance of the right, insightful questions.  Once a good question is formulated, the search is on for good answers.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby