Saturday, October 30, 2021

Longevity ideas

I enjoy articles suggested in the Pocket service on the New Page tab of the Firefox browser. There is a wide range of topics that strike me as intelligent and not mere baits.  I don't enjoy alarm just for the sake of attention or sales.  


With Firefox browser, it is easy to get Pocket:

Click on the Menu button (with three dashes) that's located on the right side of your Address Bar. Click More Tools. Select Customize Toolbar. Look for Save to Pocket and drag it upwards into your preferred place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The bigger the number in a list of recommendations, the more likely I am to skip the whole article.  "10,000 books I simply MUST read" and "100,000 MUST SEE movies" get a pass.  I did read through the 100 ideas in this article:

https://www.insidehook.com/article/health-and-fitness/live-100-definitive-guide-longevity-fitness, a list of 100 recommendations to follow to live to be 100 years old.


I just read yesterday that longevity is not very inheritable.  Just because my parents lived to be 969 years old, like Methuselah, doesn't mean that I will.  That report is a suspiciously big number but today, what with muggings, cancer, collapsing skyscrapers, tsunamis and what-not, something may get me before I finish writing this blog post.  On the other hand, I do wear my seat belt, avoid smoking and vaping, and drink moderately.   


Recently, we were discussing "random events".  It can be difficult to find an event that all observers and critics will accept as a random one.  One example I remember reading relates a man walking past a tall cathedral where the roof was being repaired.  A roofer dropped a wrench which slid along the roof and dropped on the walker's head, killing him.  That the heavy tool would be dropped, that it would slide along and fall just at the point where it would hit the man's head seems completely random.


I can't be sure that a meteorite won't crash into my bed

Meteorite' Crashed Through Roof, Landed on Sleeping ...

https://www.newsweek.com › World › Canada

Oct 12, 2021 — A Canadian woman was fast asleep when a "space rock" believed to be a meteorite crashed through her roof and landed on her pillow, 

but count on me to follow every one of the longevity suggestions ardently.  Most of the time.  If I feel like it.  

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby