Friday, June 7, 2024

Wheel of Fortune

I have lots and lots of ancestors, most of whom I never met and never will.  Those I have met seem like nice calm people but not give to high levels of passion. I read today that Mr. Pat Sajak has been the host of the well-known tv show, Wheel of Fortune, for 40 years and is retiring.  I taught at UWSP for 37 years and I asked myself if I would have been happier doing what Sajak did.  I didn't and I am confident I don't have 40 years left to live but naturally I am prejudiced toward my choice and my experiences.  


I wouldn't have applied to spin the wheel for 40 years or even one.  I enjoyed working with students and faculty and I suspect I have the kind of personality, abilities and weaknesses that might well never land me the job of hosting that show, even if it has a nice high salary.  After a few months or years, I might well have become dissatisfied or bored or both.  It is a popular show and it might not have been with a bored host.  


Congratulations to Pat and to me!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby