Thursday, June 6, 2024

My watch-wearing wrist

Habits are a big part of being alive.  I am interested in keeping track of myself and my activities and my watch helps me do that. I wear it on my left wrist.  On Sunday, I talked on the phone to a friend and we talked longer than usual.  I am confident I held the phone in the right hand the whole time.  I should have changed and moved but I didn't.  Some of the muscles in my back protested at being in the same position for a long time.  That has happened before and I treat the muscles with a heating pad. They have been giving less pain but I get annoyed with myself for using my right hand for too much while the muscles are sore.  So, I slipped my watch onto my right wrist in an effort to be more conscious of the right arm and the tasks I use it for.  What was funny was short bursts of a message to myself that I wasn't wearing my watch.  I would get the impulse that I had omitted putting my watch on, look down and see it on the non-typical wrist and erase the impulse.  That probably happened half a dozen times at least.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby