Thursday, June 27, 2024

Sometimes I ask

I ask myself who is this person I have lived with for 60+ years. I know where we met.  When I think of her life, I am impressed.  I often read of doubt about becoming parents.  We wanted children.  I often read about women as homemakers vs. women having outside careers.  This woman raised two children with a job teaching elementary school.  Her first year, she and three others were in a car accident in which the driver of their car was killed but the others were unhurt.  She had a minor in college in school librarianship and she got a much closer job doing that.  After more than a decade, she moved to being a high school librarian.  After several years, she became a full-time doctoral student and got her PhD.  She got a job as a professor in a different university.  Both of us tried handling two locations but dropped that and she got a job at mine, teaching about and using those machines called "computers" and creating things called "web pages".


I often read about "matching" - is this person a good match for me as a marital partner?  My experience is more in line with the question "Am I seeing the value, the amazing powers and insights of this gem?" 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby