Saturday, June 15, 2024

Richard and Megan

We usually watch a movie in the evenings.  If it is a long one, we may stop after an hour and resume the next night.  


Recently we watched "Megan Leavey" and I thought it was interesting and thought-provoking.  I think I have read that for some people the death of a pet, especially a dog or cat, can be more upsetting than the death of a spouse. I try to earn my place in my wife's heart by wagging my tail alot and licking her face but it doesn't seem to be very endearing.


Anyhow, Megan Leavey is a very real person who did enlist in the US Marines and became a military police K-9 officer.  I found it quite interesting and moving.


Last night, we watched "King Richard", about the father of Venus and Serena Williams and his life as their coach.  I didn't realize that Will Smith won an Oscar for the role.  Again, a real person with a real story, one that is very moving.


Both of these films were selections by the woman with the licked face.  My daughter bought me Storyworth for Christmas, a service that collects my statements about my life and memories.  They make a big deal about the flexibility in their procedure, always open to modifications in the wording of the questions and also in what questions I am to answer.  But I am impressed to find that it is their questions as they have composed them, that get my thinking in directions I would never have even thought of without the service. Lynn's impulses to try a movie, or a restaurant for that matter, often turn out to be gems for me that I would never have considered.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby