Saturday, June 22, 2024

Other people's choices

I have been with me since before I was born and our relationship seems well-explored.  So, I am accepting others' choices more often.  What kind of drink, what menu item, what movie - it's an item that my wife chooses.  I thought "King Richard", in which Will Smith won an Oscar portraying the father of Venus and Serena Williams, was fun and informative.  Last night, we watched "On the basis of sex", a story about Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a young woman attending Harvard law school.  What ?? A woman?  Shouldn't she be home attending to kids and cooking?  It was fun, and eye-opening, something chosen by the woman who lives in this house and very worthwhile.


I have written about how worthwhile my daughter's gift of Storyworth has been.   They are the company that sends me a weekly question and collects my answers.  They emphasize that I can modify their proposed questions if I feel drawn to write about something else.  But, I have had my best experiences so far answering a question I would not have thought of.  I prefer their questions as prompts.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby