Monday, June 17, 2024

Is this exciting?

I am confident that if I don't make this post exciting, it won't be read by many people.  I need to think of something scary or disgusting.  Maybe then, people will read my post and send copies to their friends.  If I could find something uplifting, some kind of good news, that might make my post go "viral", that is, be copied on that network formerly known or that big one.  The whole business of liking what I write and passing it on to others with similar tastes or fears is political, really,  Politics is about people, what gets them excited in either positive or negative ways.  I am really a man so I know that real men, not the fake sort, are unafraid to face unpleasant truths. In fact, sometimes the unpleasanter the truth, the more a brave, feisty real man faces it.  Experience with thinking and looking out for dangers can lead to the basic habit of taking anything comforting to be mistaken.  Maybe I should follow those who say anything that sounds good has to be fake.  I remember reading Loren Eisley's comment that men and apes as well sometimes develop the habit of grouchiness after seeing how many things are come-ons.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby