Friday, November 10, 2023

Trying

I was driving home.  A police vehicle passed me going the other way and as soon as it did, it whipped around and red lights on it started flashing.  It was clear that he was after me.   It took a minute to find a good place to pull over.  I did and stopped, opened the glove compartment and started rooting for registration.  In my state, I also need proof of insurance.  I put my window down and the officer came up alongside the car. He looked at my documents and handed the card from my insurance company back saying it was out of date by a couple of years. I rooted again and found one that is current.


He said he could give me a ticket for speeding or a warning.  Lynn rides with me often and tells me to slow down uppity-ump times a trip.  She often says she wishes I would get a ticket.  I told the officer about her steady line of wishes and that she would like it if he gave me a ticket. I asked how much the fine would be and he said my speed dictated a fine of $175.  I said if he decided on a warning, I would give her $175 but when I offered her the money, she refused it.


I am tired of getting warnings that I ignore so I decided to get more serious.  I taped a Post-it note to the dashboard that says "Speeding?".  I am surprised at how steadily I find I am.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby