Wednesday, November 8, 2023

No investigation

Yesterday, Lynn asked me to look into the garage.  She doesn't do something like that  frivolously so I went to the door in our kitchen that leads to the garage and looked out.  Just about the first thing I saw was a chipmunk lying totally still on its side.  It looked dead and I guessed I was going to want to pick it up and dispose of it.  It definitely looked dead but young and healthy with no external wounds or bleeding.  In similar situations I have slid a shovel under it and used the shovel to carry it to the edge of our backyard and tossing it into the trees and underbrush.  This time, I picked up the little carcass with a paper towel and carried it back to the woods.  I hurled it into the woods where it can rot and maybe serve as food for some creature, big or small.


The little body was soft and felt as though it could be alive.   There was no obvious cause of death.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby