Wednesday, November 15, 2023

What were those words I was told to remember?

From time to time, I have read a little of the writings of the woman Byron Katie.  She is best known as the woman who promotes what she calls "The Work", which is basically asking oneself four basic and important questions and answering them honestly.  You can find the questions that she 

uses to examine herself, her own beliefs and her life and activities on the internet with Google's help.  The other three relate to the first. I gather she uses her "The Work" questions to examine and guide herself.  I only know the first one, which is "Is it true?", asked of ideas I am focused on.


I read that Byron Katie commented that she was having the time of her life watching (and experiencing) her body falling apart.  She is 80 years old.


I saw a neurologist yesterday.  She asked me many questions about my falls and gave me a few tasks to perform while she watched me.  She said she would want to see me in six months and see how that meeting compared with yesterday's.  I have never been this age before and I find it quite interesting.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby