Saturday, November 25, 2023

Different interface

I am aware, somewhat vaguely and indirectly, that my mind and body are very capable of doing things on their own.  You may have read how walking through a doorway (and thereby changing "where" you are" can give you new(and sometimes distracting) thoughts.  I find that my natural self can basically assume that my Gmail inbox has a different collection of emails in it on my laptop computer in the office from what I just saw on my iPad in the living room.  One of the features I like about Gmail is that I can see it on several displays.  I know it is the same collection on both devices.  But still I get a quick feeling of interest in taking a look at the computer in the office despite having just dealt with Gmail in the living room.


It is true that the messages are the same on both displays but at the same time, the exact display, the interface, is not the same.  I am impressed that the Google design on the computer includes a little arrowhead at the top of the list of messages.   That arrowhead leads, when clicked on with the mouse, to a set of commands for handling the entire set of visible messages. The commands include "unread".  If I select that command, all the messages I have not opened are highlighted at once.  When highlighted, they can all be deleted with a single key press.  When I use the laptop, I am using the Microsoft product on a Google product.  When I use my Ipad, I am using an Apple product on a Google product.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby