Sunday, November 26, 2023

Alcohol

I never got a deep thrill from having my judgment distorted by drink.  I am too much of a nerd or something. I never paled around with guys who drank a lot or felt I had to get woozy to fit in.  Over the years, I found that both Lynn and I like whisky Manhattans and that is the drink that we have most often.  Lynn likes martinis and I will often order one when I am eating in a restaurant.  We both enjoy a martini more from a martini glass and we like olives in them, three for me.


My mother and the two of us like the taste of Kahlua very much and on Sunday, we have black Russians.  That was my mother's favorite drink.  A bottle of Kahlua, the biggest size, costs $45 but it lasts us about 6 months or more.  Once I asked my mother how she made black Russians and she said she poured herself two jiggers of vodka and one of Kahlua. I advised her to use three quarters of a jigger of vodka and half of Kahlua.  She slurred her speech much less with that recipe.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby