Monday, November 20, 2023

He may associate with the wrong people

It seems to me that there are places and practices in American life that promote guilt by association. I think that I am uncomfortable with deciding that a man who had lunch with a murderer is a murderer.  I realize that an investigation might want to question what those two have in common, how many lunches they have shared, etc.  But of course, a completely innocent man or woman could have some association or other, or even several that is more or less neutral, not association in any way.  As a friend, therapist, investigator myself or a person unaware of misbehavior or the consideration of misbehavior in the future.  Recently, calls have been made for "evidence" and that is indeed what we should look for

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby