Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Good tv

I have limited time, attention and memory.  So, just about anything I think or recommend or write is definitely open to question, revision and/or rejection.  


My personal experience with streaming tv has been so rich, so captivating that it seems to me that everyone ought to at least try streaming.  All of my tv streaming has been done with a Roku streamer but I realize that these days, "smart tv sets" are pre-set to easily get Roku or streaming some other way using some other service.  We aren't always pleased with something we watch but in general we are.  We never get around to watching broadcast tv even though our local cable company surprised the heck out of me by informing me that they have an app for what I used to consider "normal" or "everyday" or typical tv programming.  I was impressed to find their app and I am confident I could download it to my phone or my computer and my iPad but I didn't.  The Roku streamer, which we make use of just about every night, accepted the local company's app and so we have it as one choice for watching.


We typically watch Netflix, Amazon, PBS and Acorn.  All of them cost money to get but not too much.  Netflix and Acorn cost with a subscription, PBS requires a steady stream of contributions but not too much and not too often and Amazon charges by the use.  A movie or something costs this much and charge that if we want to watch it now.  


We do also have a Roku channel that we added recently that allows us to watch visual courses or listen to only-audio courses from Great Courses.  Over the years, we have accumulated 58 courses, the most recent included a course on the geological wonders of this planet.  I didn't think I would like it much but I turned out to be quite wrong.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby