Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Equal, schmeequal

Let's face it: I am not your equal.  You can sew way better than me, cook much better than I can, sympathize quickly with nearly anyone having nearly any problem.  When something goes "wrong", I look around for someone to blame but you start with the idea that it is your fault.  We often take different approaches and yours don't equal mine since they tend (Damnit!) to work better.


True, I have more experience wrestling in front of spectators than you do, I have more experience taking a part in a play than you.  But, you have sung in many choirs while my music teachers told me to just mouth the words so I look like I am singing.  I don't make pottery but you make money at it.  I read more than you do and I can probably remember more book titles and their authors than you.  After searching, I can find middle C on a standard piano keyboard.  Without searching, you can play Mozart and other types of music.  


Ok, the usual story on being politically equal focuses on your having the same rights as I do.  We can both vote and we have done so.  In many ways, we do have the same rights.  If you find a right that I have but you don't, let me know.  We can both stand in the street and yell about the problem with others, raising our fists and grimacing.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby