Thursday, October 13, 2022

Collections

Lynn was a school librarian on both Elementary and Secondary levels and taught school librarian at a university.  I got to thinking about collections and their maintenance.  You may have more and different collections.  How do you store the collected items?  Do you have an inventory of the items?  Are any collections to be sold?  Expanded?  Shrunk?  Are your collections a burden?  A pleasure?  Both?


  1. Ebooks

  2. Audiobooks

  3. Pocket articles

  4. Clothes

  5. Shoes

  6. Photos

  7. Stored foods

  8. Dishes and bowls

  9. Pots and pans

  10. Books borrowed from libraries

  11. Ebooks borrowed from libraries

  12. Paper books

  13. Courses from Great Courses


"You can't add this ebook since you already have a copy." I think only Amazon ebooks have this policy and the means to enforce it.  Both my friend and I appreciate the value of the policy and we like it.  We are pleased when we find that a book we want is one we already have.


Amazon gives me access to a list of all my ebooks. I have more than 3200.  But I  can only see the list on their web pages, not on paper or my computer.  

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby