Monday, March 23, 2020

Lynn's CD's

We took care of our greatgrandson for a while when he was little.  Lynn made two CD's of songs we have liked over our lifetimes to play for him on long drives.  


I used to think that my mood was not much affected by music but I don't think that now.  I listened to the exciting final movement of Beethoven's 9th symphony while driving and for a while, I thought my exhiliration would lift me and the car into the sky.  I have been listening to Hallelujah by Mamuse and those two women nearly gave me an earworm. I had to work to stop it replaying in my mind over and over.


This morning, I wanted something strongly positive and I started playing those two CD's she made.  The first one includes

  1. Swinging on a star

  2. How much is that doggie in the window?

  3. Day-o

  4. The marvelous toy

  5. The purple people eater

  6. Jambalaya

  7. Jump down

  8. Mocking bird Hill

  9. Don't fence me in

  10. Jamaica farewell

  11. Zip-a-dee doo dah

  12. Heigh-ho

  13. I wanna be like you


The 2nd one has 


#

Title

Artist

01

Seventy Six Trombones

Robert Preston

02

Cool Water

Marty Robbins

03

It Might As Well Be Spring

Andy Williams

04

Anything You Can Do

Betty Hutton

05

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)

The Tokens

06

Singin' in the Rain

Gene Kelly

07

Hoop-Dee-Doo

Perry Como

08

You Are My Sunshine

Ricky Nelson

09

I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover

Mitch Miller

10

Aba-Daba-Honeymoon

Debbie Reynolds

11

A Bushel And A Peck

Doris Day

12

April Showers

Carol Burnett

13

(If I Knew You Were Comin') I'd Have Baked a Cake

Ethel Merman

14

Buttons and Bows

Gene Autry

15

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Bobby McFerrin

16

Ghost Riders in the Sky

Johnny Cash

17

Lavender's Blue Dilly-Dilly

Burl Ives

18

Shoe Fly Pie

Jonathan Stout

19

Catch a Falling Star

Perry Como

20

Manana is Soon Enough For Me

Peggy Lee

21

Honeycomb

Jimmie Rogers

22

Happy Talk

Ella Fitzgerald

23

Whatever Will Be Will Be

Doris Day


Depending on your age and preference, these might lift you, too. Or, not.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby