Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Recently coined words

The title of this post, "Recently coined words", can be used in search engines, such as Duckduckgo, to find some words that are being used by others but have just recently been invented.


I am interested in human imagination as well as sensitivity to language and connotations of words and signs.  I think recently invented words that show imagination and are also successful at conveying intended meanings show people's brains at work.  I should mention that I am only working in the English language.  The American linguist John McWhorter and his Great Courses and books have been a help in understanding the ups and downs of English language changes.


Just today, I saw there is a web site and associated products under the name "Techlicious".  As a person who spends much of his time reading, perusing book titles new and old by use of a computer, a tablet and occasional use of a smartphone, I admit that some "tech" has given me delicious thrills and knowledge. Great word!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby