Monday, April 15, 2024

Stephen Hawking

My book club is going to discuss Stephen Hawking's book "Brief Answers to the Big Questions".  You probably know Dr. Hawking:


He is the British scientist that was told well before his 25th birthday that he would die within 5 years.  He did die but at the age of 76, in 2018. I know that his "A Brief History of Time" has been a best seller but until recently, I had not read any of his writing.  When I did read his Answers book, I was impressed at how clear, down-to-Earth and readable his writing is.


I finished the Answers book today.  I read the most sensible and promising comment I have found about artificial intelligence.  He was discussing AI (the rapidly expanding field of artificial intelligence).  He asked if you have ever wished you were more than just one person.  I have heard busy women and men say just that: "I wish I was more than one person" or "I wish I was two people".  He says that AI will grant that wish soon when we have good robotic "assistants" available.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby