Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Being a social vampire

I think vampires are supposed to want or need human blood.  I have my own blood and it suffices.  But books and people both have their own stories. I find that I enjoy the stories from books and people equally.  In high school and being male, there were plenty of prompts to decide "what I wanted to be".  Over time, I found that people's stories gave me almost as much pleasure as a good story from a book.  Getting to know what a person has done, whether they are 12 years old or 83 is fascinating.  Ok, I thought I wanted to be a clinical psychologist, along the lines of Bob Newhart.  Finances and friendships sent me into teaching and schooling but the weird, damaging and helpful beliefs, feelings, fears, etc. were still fascinating.  They sustained my interest and do so still.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby