Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Meanwhile

It is surprising how much is indicated by the word "meanwhile".   That word stresses that while our hero or our villain or just our attention was occupied with this subject, another event of importance was happening over there.  In a early morning hour, I read CNN's Five Things, Walt Hickey's Numlock News, take a glance at Heather Cox Richardson's take on what happened yesterday but meanwhile, surprising things are happening in Montana, Miami and Milan.  I can't keep up with it all.  All sorts of research, breakthroughs of great import and further research that utterly fails to show anything valuable, happen meanwhile.  I like to check NPR News Headlines for news that isn't picked up by other sources that I look at.  


I like to practice taking a cue from people's statements that Xers are Y by mentally adding that I could find some Xers who are anti-Y.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby