Tuesday, January 9, 2024

I'm a plastic bag nut

I think the idea started when I was in Boy Scouts.  We went on some overnight trips. We were responsible for our own food.  I look for convenience and reliability.  Once, on an overnight on the Appalachain Trail in western Maryland, some other members of the Eagle patrol and I were heating some Dinty Moore beef stew from a can.  Here's the story:

The trail and stew


I got interested in the subject of packing for a hike.  It seemed to me that plastic resealable bags could be good vessels for many foods.  We have plastic containers made of white, rather flexible polypropylene. They work well for many other items besides foods.  I am very ignorant of chemistry but those containers have been handy.  Still, for many foods, plastic bags work well, too.  We have about 10 different sizes in our kitchen.  Nuts, screws, nails, coins, M&M's, all sorts of multitudinous items.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby