Sunday, January 14, 2024

Storyworth, LIFE & Wisconsin Life

My daughter and her husband got me "Storyworth" for Christmas.  It's a subscription to a service that aims to prompt and guide me into writing views and memories of my life.  They send me questions and if I will write answers, they will collect them and make them into a book. So far, they have asked what alternative occupation might I have chosen and what music brings up memories.


L.I.F.E. stands for "Learning Is ForEver".  It's a UWSP campus organization, one that is a 'retirement' organization.  Because it is connected to a university, it has a tendency to be drawn to the faculty experts and to some extent, that draw obscures the fact that every retired or aged person has a story of importance.  Wisconsin Life is a public tv program that digs out interesting occupations, organizations and adventures in our state and does a short tv feature, usually 10 to 20 minutes long about them.  


I got into meditation from watching students on Semester Abroad that Lynn and I were leading.  I had been reading about Buddhism and I saw connections with Quaker religious practice.  I have found that judicious cutting and pasting highlights from my daily experience plus thoughts plus themes, reading and ideas of interest present material for daily blog posts, very similar to what Storyworth, LIFE and Wisconsin Life do. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby