Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Keeping up

I can remember what day of the week it is, what day of the month it is, what month of the year it is, and what year it is.  It is pretty easy.  I can recite the names of the week days in order and I know what day of the week yesterday was so I go to the next name in the usual order and that is the day of the week today.  In a similar way, I think of what day of the month yesterday was and just add one and I have the day of the month for today!  Unless that number signals the end of the month, I know that it is still the month it was.  It used to be that the year was 2023 but we had Christmas and New Year's Eve and Day so even that slow changer, the number of the year that we use, changed to 2024.


I have seen some idea that older brains may be slowed and hampered by being too full, like a house with too much furniture or a 2-man tent in which six men are trying to shelter.   But I just looked at Google with 2 0r 3 versions of questions about brains being too full to function well and saw no reference to difficulties from being over-full.


Between my watch, my various devices connected to the internet and other sources such as the front page of the newspaper, there are many ways I can check for information on the four bits of information.  I know that search engines and various news sources could also help but for now, I don't need them.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby