Thursday, January 18, 2024

Once again

I just saw a note I made when thinking about poetry.  I wrote the name "George Bilgere" in a list of poets I have paid attention to.  He wrote the poem "Once again, I fail to read an important novel".  He goes on to write "We sit together at the fountain, the important novel and I.  We are having coffee together."  I saw the name during the hour that my book club was discussing the novel "Demon Copperhead".  I did read a synopsis of "Demon" but I had already committed myself to other things this afternoon and never Zoomed in.  It seems poetically ironic that I spotted the name of that poet during the time I wasn't attending the meeting.


I am well known by some for attending book discussions and other events without the usual preparation.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby