Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Want a piece of my mind?

Many days, it takes longer and more effort to decide on a topic for a blog post than to write something.  I don't want to be too repetitive or too lecturing.  I usually jot down five prompts during the hours between 6 AM and about 2 PM.  Some days, something comes to mind that really grabs me and I have a strong sense that that something would be good for the day's post.  But some days, there are many possibilities but nothing stands out strongly.  


I read the local paper's headlines and the comics each day.  Some days nothing seemed funny but today several did.  I admire the imagination that shows in the paper's comics and in the weekly New Yorker cartoons.  Today, Mr. Dithers, Dagwood's boss, offered to call a mechanic and "give him a piece of my mind."  Dagwood thanked his boss but declined the offer.  Mr. Dithers walked off disappointed.  "That's a shame.  I am really in the mood to give someone a piece of my mind."


I am a student and a fan of mind control, my mind.  I haven't tried weed or lots of alcohol but I like to use questioning, consideration and alternative mental postures regarding my mood, my mind and my life.  I like the idea that some days, older men are rather loaded to unload, often for deep reasons and from deep motivations that are not apparent to them.  I am a practitioner of meditation and self-interrogation and I like the idea that some days self-examination is especially needed. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby