Sunday, September 18, 2022

Good streaming

Sunday! A special day of the week.  Makes me think of CNN's Photos of the Week.  Some weeks they are great but some they over-emphasize natural disasters and sports.  I think both offer facial and emotional expressions that are captivating.  I looked them over today and found a few too many photos of marking the death of Elizabeth II.  She matters to me, even though I am American, but I can get enough.  


I found out something that you may already know: every man, woman and child on the planet came from a woman's body!  Isn't that amazing!  I learned when I was little that men are big and strong and that women are small and weak and in need of the protection and guidance of men.  Now, I am finding that that isn't right.  All the people, ALL of them, came from mothers.   Men can't have children!  They don't have the right equipment.  Not only that, but even with the right equipment, it takes a long time.  Try it: carry a baby in the belly, all the while it's getting bigger and heavier.  You try it - I can't.  


Lately, two streaming programs have been giving me plenty of pleasure.  "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" about a young Korean woman who is a brilliant lawyer but is weird enough to set the others's teeth on edge.  She is autistic.  She is imaginative and brilliant and has a memory that won't quit.  If you meet her, strike up a conversation about whales.  Then, step back!  She knows plenty about whales and sea creatures.  


Another program that gets me over and over is "Call the Midwife".  Set in post-WW II London, the nuns and the midwives of Nonnatus House care for pregnant women in the Poplar district of London.  Many births and I have learned that when babies are born, they are often outraged at what they have just been put through.  They aren't happy and they let the world know that.  It is the sound of that outrage that is so welcome.


If you want an additional program, try "Jane, the Virgin".  All three are on Netflix. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby