Friday, September 30, 2022

Silent spread

I changed after reading some of The Blue Zones Kitchens by Dan Buettner, about what long-lived people eat.  There is always the ongoing argument about eating meat versus not eating meat.  Then, you can expand to include other animal products such as milk and its products and eggs.  That book changed my long-standing aim for day-to-day variety in what I eat.  There is a breakfast cereal, Heritage Flakes, that I like.  It is a mixture (variety again) of several grains, it is tasty and it holds up well in milk.  


Recently, I visited the Marshfield, WI Wastewater Facility.  One of the things they told us was that they have a robot that can crawl through their pipes and show them how they look and what if anything is blocking the flow.  As I pour milk into my morning bowl of cereal, I am impressed at how intelligently the milk finds and fills every nook and angle and cranny and tunnel and tunnelette the flakes, the banana slices and the blueberries have formed.  I wonder if there is a market for a small electronic robot that can crawl through the nooks and tunnels and transmit to my monitor a live image of how the flow of milk looks as it quietly takes over the little landscape.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby