Friday, September 9, 2022

Fell!

Lynn does pottery.  Leftover scraps and rejected projects get reclaimed, put in water softened up and "unshaped" for another plan.  That water has clay dissolved in it and we don't want that clay in our pipes.  We have buckets of the stuff that needs to be hauled up and out of the basement.  We take a bucket out, swirled it a bit and toss the clay-ridden water on the ground.


Today, she asked me to haul a bucket of clay water up and out.  I was almost done with the steps but I stubbed my toe on the last step.  I got knocked down and the clay water splashed over me, the carpeted steps  and the walls.  She has lots of towels handy and we wiped and wiped.  I didn't get hurt but I did make a big, wet mess.


While hurrying to me with towels, she tripped over a pile of framed artwork.  Nothing got broked.  We are thankful for that.  I plan to lift my feet a little higher when going up steps.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby